Books in 1st and 2nd year
In the first year, students build up their knowledge of Arabic grammar by studying the following books:
· Tawdih al-Nahw (English)
· Imdad al-Sarf Part 1 (English)
· Bahishti Zewar (English)
· Qasas al-Nabiyyin (Arabic)
· Durus al-Lughah (Arabic)
The second year is a more detailed study of Arabic grammar with emphasis placed on reading Arabic texts correctly. In addtion, students begin to memorise Ahadith compiled in the kitab, Zad al-Talibin by Maulana Muhammad Ashiq Ilahi al-Bulandshehri. Fiqh is also taught in detail. The kitabs studied include:
· Hidayah al-Nahw (Arabic)
· Qasas al-Nabiyyin (Part 3 & 4)
· Provisions for the Seekers (Hadith)
· Fiqh al-Muyassar
· Nur al-Idah
· Durus al-Lughah (Part 2 & 3)
After completing the first two years, students should have developed the ability to read Arabic correctly, and begin to understand the texts.
Arabic grammar is not studied after the first two years, with emphasis given on studying Ahadith, the principles of Ahadith, and learning the translation of the Qur'an with Tafsir. In years three, four and five, students study the translation of the Qur'an with Tafsir.
They also study Hidayah, an in depth kitab regarding the principles of Fiqh, Riyad al-Salihin and various other books to develop knowledge of the sciences of Fiqh, Ahadith and Tafsir.
The major books of Ahadith, including the Sihah Sitta (six major books of hadith) are studied in years six and seven.
Other Major Subjects
- Sincere intention to earn the pleasure of Allah
- A long term commitment
- A recognition that this is an amanah- a trust and therefore an attitude to fulfil this amanah properly is essential, thus you will uphold a good record of attendance and punctuality, good mannerisms and respect throughout your studies.
- Writing equipment
- Remain motivated and committed always.
- The ability to differentiate between truth and falsehood
- The ability to read, translate and understand the original text of the Qur'an and ahadith
- The ability to understand the science behind the ahadith and fiqh, and the context behind Qur'anic verses and ahadith in order to fulfil the right of the passage so it is applied in its proper context and not misinterpreted.
- Companionship of those who strive hard to implement the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah and benefit from them directly.
- Motivation to implement and spread the deen of Allah in your life and closeness to Allah as a result.
What will you gain from this course?